Wednesday, March 01, 2006

On Brokeback Mt.

Well i wanna hv my topic as 'bareback' mountain at first, but tat will be too much for a topic LOL. Okie so last nite me, Ant, Sunny n his fd went to watch the movie in IFC together. As many told me before, the theatre is full of gals n without much traces of AJs, tats sth out of my expectation indeed.

The movie is realli kinda flat as i expected, but there r still scenes tat touched me. One of em is when Ennis called to Jake's home n only then knew tat he's dead from an accident, the moment is so heart-breaking n sad... the movie is realli v successful to create such a bleak atmosphere though a picturesque Wyoming (the reality is Alberta, Canada). But to be honest, i dun hv extremely strong feelings after watching the movie. Part of the reason is probably i've nvr yet to experience my best half to pass away (or nvr experience anyone w close relationships (non-family bond type) w me passed away), i cant position myself to think how they feel like when their another half is gone.

Interestingly i related this movie to another famous Chinese 'gay' movie Lan Yu. There r soo many similarities between the two, both r abt homosexual love, live w social pressure n not realli running smooth for their love; esp. both r in a sad ending and one of the couple died. Was this a portrayal of AJs? the ending is always a gloomy bleak one?

I hope not.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?