Tuesday, November 29, 2005

101 reasons Why I am gonna miss SG

Coming back from my virgin trip to SG (i hate this name, would someone scrap this out plz), i found it... oh... A.M.A.Z.I.N.G... it has been quite some time tat i didnt feel "like" a place, thx so much to all of u who has been tat kind to bring n show me ard *muacks* ... so lemme try to get this piece of blog in a SG way... hur hur







Night skyline of SG taken from outside of Esplanade






Wat I hv in my mind abt SG before my trip is funny (dun laugh!)... it's all abt fine and funny regulations, like CCTVs in toilets to check if everyone flushes; no gum chewing; no coke, etc.. but all these r not existing lah. The impression of SG to me though, is v positive, and there r many ways better than in HK (oh u know i love n hate HK, but ppl here r esp. getting worse, in many ways such as quality n manner), just to name a few:

My first impression to SG is.. oh it's such a neat n tidy city. everything's in order, without chaos n without dirt - good to learn that for such a mysophobia n neat-frenzy ppl like me =P









MRT route in SG - clear n easy to follow, can just go to most places without confusion





To me, SG is realli like a miniature (not exactly) of HK - well just in terms of the city size n population, but in other senses better than HK, esp. the quality of the citizens. Ppl there r more nice, friendly (or just from a perspective of a tourist), however, at least i dun see all those rude, loud-talkin, pushing n uncivilized mainland Chinese all around. They are also a bunch of health-conscious population, my 4-day trip is full of sporty guys ard (hur hur hur) (esp. the day when i saw some dragon-boat competition along the SG river!!!)








Thx Jason - u r such a nice guy to spend ur day n show me ard!





Sth that comes to my surprise is abt the variety n good taste of food there as well. Honestly, i hate to eat a lot of 'tropical' food before, such as durian (yyeewwww), coconut... u know i didnt dare to try several food at first, say katong laksa, or indian curry (coz w the strong coconut smell). But oh.... the food in SG is soooooo tasty!! I esp. like the laksa... so u see? All these r just perceptions at different times.







Katong laksa @ Holland village












Roti Prata w sth else... i forgot!








Another thing tat's come to my surprise is the level of gay-acceptance in the city. i m REALLY surprised when i first saw that shop of NUM opening in the middle of a crowdly-trafficked mall of CityLink (or Suntec?), anyway they may just treat it as a fashion label, but then later i also tot it a city of AJ paradise, after my fds introduced me all those 'infos'...

Some other reasons tat i m gonna miss SG:
23. I dun need to buy winter clothes in SG, which is good for such a fashion-dumb like me, as well as i dun need to spend money on thick clothes =P

35. The only zoo tat opens late at nite - Night Safari - with marvellous n various kinds of wildlife animals

59. Money values r smaller in SG - i can bring lesser money notes ard n my wallet is not tat stuffed

82. Lots (i mean LOTS!) of variety of fastfood shops in SG... geez i maybe cholestrol / fat over-weighted if i m there!

83. BTW, foods in SG r actually much more healthy-looking to me, though they look oily, they dun taste so!

101. Last but not least, SG bois to me r all nicer, more friendly, cuter, n of course more hunk!

Well, i hope i will be visiting SG in the future, and afterall i must give my v v v sincere to all of u who r nice enuff to spare ur time to accompany such a dumb tourist - tat's me!


Some more pics during the visit:





















Comments:
wow.......wht a good piece of information....~

it attracts me to hv my next travel at SG.... seems as wonderful as u said!

haha~ so nice~ a gd descriptive essay~!!
 
sawww come back soon! we miss you too...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?